There is a strong need for quality healthcare among the uninsured and underinsured in Gwinnett County and the Metro Atlanta area. The Hope Clinic currently treats over 5,000 uninsured/uninsurable or working underinsured patients with chronic conditions each year. While a significant number, it is only a fraction of the roughly 180,000 people in Gwinnett County that are uninsured and will someday require medical care.
In an effort to provide a medical home for our patients and offer them affordable healthcare, the Hope Clinic Board of Directors has launched the Invest in Hope Campaign, a fundraising endeavor with a goal of raising $4 million from foundations, corporations, small businesses and individuals who care about the health of the underprivileged in our county and the impact this situation has on all residents.
With the support of our donors, funds raised from the campaign will be used to:
Renovate a permanent health center:
- The new health center location will allow us to greatly expand our available clinic space, bring on new physicians and dramatically reduce the waiting list and wait times for our practice.
Recruit additional providers:
- The Hope Clinic will add one to two general internists to help care for the growing middle-aged and elderly population served by the Hope Clinic.. Each internist can care for 2,000 patients each year.
Implement wellness and prevention programs:
- Physician specialists in a wellness and prevention program would be able to treat the Hope Clinic's patients at the clinic on a scheduled basis. The new building and facility would accommodate specialists who want to come to Hope Clinic and provide their services to our patients.
Purchase new equipment (in progress):
- New diagnostic equipment allows x-ray imaging to be available with other medical care in one convenient location, at prices far lower than the cost of an x-ray in the emergency room. We've already purchased the x-ray.
Ensure that the uninsured/underinsured have access to quality medical care at prices they can afford:
- The availability of care for the uninsured is vital to attracting new business to Gwinnett County. Many small businesses cannot afford health insurance for their employees and large businesses often have some portion of their employee group who are not covered. The Hope Clinic can fill that void and provide quality, affordable healthcare for those who are uninsured, playing a vital role in the economic development of our area.
For more information, please call 678-462-8500.